Social Media Strategist
Transport Security Administration (USA)
The social media team at the TSA has had their work cut out for them: public opinion often see the organisation as slowing down vacationers journeys and making it difficult travel. However, since the TSA’s social media program was founded 2.5 years ago, the team has worked hard to change public perception by responding to 100% of the 1500 enquiries they receive every day efficiently and quickly. Not only do they receive 33% return business, they also report a lot of positive customer feedback.
Enjoy Breakfast and an Informal Networking Opportunity While You Learn To:
- Train teams to engage and respond to social media conversations and feedback
- Analyze and report to management necessary process updates to improve the customer experience
- Ensure use of social media conforms to appropriate standards of practice
- Use social media to promote understanding of agency activities, regulations, and policies with members of the public
9:45 AM INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY: The TSA’s Use of Social Media to Improve CX and Deliver Excellent Customer Contact
Even David Johnston, the Social Media Strategist at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), admits the organization tends to have a bad reputation. However, since TSA started its social media program three years ago, there’s been some exceptional improvement in the organisation’s customer contact. Currently it deals with over 1000+ customer engagements per day and sees a 33% return in business. The TSA accomplishes all this with a small team of employees, working to respond in 30 minutes or less!
- Modelling their customer contact strategy after the airline industry to improve the customer experience
- Venturing into a new and relatively untested program by utilizing pre-existing resources to reduce costs
- Capitalizing on the program’s insights by using it to improve processes often complained about by customers