Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 15th July 2019
A workshop is offered in an intimate setting that enables you to enhance your learning experience. It is comprised of interactive formats that enable you to bounce ideas off other delegates to create thought-provoking experiences and note takeaways that you can implement in your workplace.
Site Tour A
7:00 am - 9:00 am Department of Family & Community Services Housing Contact Centre, SydneyWendy Keith - Director Housing Contact Centre, Department of Family and Community Services
The Department of Family and Community Services works to improve the lives of children, adults, families and communities in NSW. The department provides services to Aboriginal people, children and young people, families, people who are in need of housing, people with disability, their families and carers, women and older people.
This site tour is your chance to see the Department of Family & Community Services team in full action! Learn about the service design and customer centricity within the organization, experience the cultural environment and gain tips and tricks to take back to your organisation!
·Explore how the team creates positive customer experiences across every channel
. Experience the leadership and culture strategy within the organisation
. Gain insight into the Department of Family & Community Services contact centre and learn how they manage their workforce culture and optimization
· Understand their strategies to improve first call resolution emphasis and a greater service in peak times
· Find out more about their digital transformation strategy
·A unique chance to see the workforce culture in action in a contact centre environment and to ask the team questions face-to-face
Wendy KeithDirector Housing Contact Centre
Department of Family and Community Services
Site Tour B
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Australian Taxation Office Contact Centre, Datacom Sydney
This site tour is your chance to see the Australian Taxation Office contact centre in full action! Watch the webchat team, and experience the cultural environment – providing you with tips and tricks to take back to your organisation!
- Gain insight into the Australian Taxation Office contact centre and how they manage their workforce culture and optimization
- Understand their strategies to improve first call resolution emphasis and a greater service in peak times
- Find out more about the Omni channel strategy at the Australian Taxation Office and how they have integrated into the cloud
- A unique chance to see the workforce culture in action in a contact centre environment and to ask the team questions face-to-face
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Leadership & Culture: Empowering and Encouraging Your Staff to Transform Your Contact CentreJoan Brierly - Director Customer Service Delivery, Driver and Vehicle Services, Department of Transport WA
Contact Centre staff are the most valuable asset in achieving higher customer satisfaction levels. This level of customer satisfaction can be achieved when staff are creating and providing a high quality experience throughout all touch points and channels. In order toe nsure this experience is created, it is crucial to maximize staff engagement. In this workshop, Joan Brierly will explore how her team implemented a brand new culture strategy and completely reformed their existing 40 year old strategy resulting in abandoned call rates decreasing to 30%. By attending this workshop you will be able to learn how to achieve high staff engagement and how to measure it. Join this interactive group to learn from Joan and your peers.
What the workshop will cover?
- How to measure staff performance and engagement
- Setting realistic KPIs for customer service staff to measure their performance and engagement
- Ensuring championship from management to live customer-centricity throughout the entire organization
- Where to start with changing the culture and mindset in your contact centre
- Designing and developing effective training and support to motivate staff
- Learn how to provide sufficient and continuous staff training to ensure staff is as knowledgeable as possible: Knowledge is power and creates good working climates
- Monitoring all KPIs, stats and facts to track whether customer satisfaction is positively
- Develop plans to ensure the strategies you implement remain in practice
Joan BrierlyDirector Customer Service Delivery, Driver and Vehicle Services
Department of Transport WA
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm Customer Experience: Transformation versus Modernization: Practical Strategies to Transform Customer Experience at Your Contact CentreRosetta Carrington Lue - Senior Contact Centre Advisor, US Department of Veteran Affairs
Rosetta Carrington Lue has extensive experience in government customer experience management from a local, state and federal level. In this master class, you will learn how to transform your contact center culture and modernize your infrastructure.
What will this workshop cover?
- Change management: strategies to support staff throughout your transformation journey
- Lessons learnt from developing call centers from the ground up
- Strategies to improve communication with your customers and staff Developing a unique approach to each agencies culture
Rosetta Carrington LueSenior Contact Centre Advisor
US Department of Veteran Affairs
5:15 pm - 7:15 pm Customer Centricity: Utilising Data to Inform Contact Centre Decisions and Gain a Better Understanding of Your CustomerOswaldo Mestre - Chief Service Officer & Director of Citizen Services, City of Buffalo New York
In recent years, Buffalo has been transitioning towards data driven decision making and collaborative projects with community organizations to address some of the city’s problems, including projects like “Operation Clean Sweeps”. This workshop will focus on how the department has achieved this level of customer experience.
What will this workshop cover?
- Leveraging the local civic community and facilitating community engagement
- Creating a portal to showcase the work of outside organizations using city data
- Facilitating the use of community-generated datasets
- Using anonymization to safeguard datasets that may contain private information
- Learn strategies to gain a better understanding of your customer and foster a sense of citizen satisfaction
- Understand how to build a data centric and customer centric culture within your contact centre
- Learn how to streamline data from multiple touch points
Oswaldo MestreChief Service Officer & Director of Citizen Services
City of Buffalo New York